The Plumbing and Heating Technology program offers a two-year Associate in Applied Science degree, a Plumbing certificate, and a Heating Technology certificate. The program is designed to prepare students for technician-level positions in the rapidly growing field of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting high-efficiency plumbing, heating, ventilating, and cooling systems in buildings. Graduates will work on systems that control water, temperature, humidity, and air quality of enclosed spaces within building structures. They will install various types of equipment used to control human comfort in residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional environments.
This program will give the technician a working knowledge of plumbing and HVAC system building concepts and energy-efficient design principles. Additionally, program graduates are eligible for State of Maine licensing in plumbing, oil burner, propane and natural gas. Students can also pursue the EPA refrigeration certification. Combined with the appropriate additional coursework, graduates will also have the necessary educational background and licenses needed for advancing into a career in renewable and sustainable energy systems.
Click here to take a look around our Energy Services lab.
Upon successful completion of the Plumbing and Energy Services program, graduates are expected to:
- Practice the skills of the profession in a conscientious, responsible, and accountable manner while recognizing the need to continue to expand their technical knowledge and skills.
- Communicate effectively and listen and respond appropriately to a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Think critically and use their acquired analytical skills to solve problems encountered in a residential, commercial or industrial environment.
- JIT Plumber
- Resource conservation manager
- Energy management technician
- Journeyman oil burner technician
- HVAC technician
Students are required to have the tools and equipment necessary to properly complete the hands-on portion of the program. The required tools and equipment will be in the range of $1,200 – $1,400.
For more information, please contact:Enrollment Services (207) 453-5822 Enrollment@kvcc.me.edu