Accounting professionals are integral to every business. The ability to analyze financial well-being is critical to the continued success of any organization. Our Accounting program will prepare you to help make financial decisions for businesses through a variety of accounting courses along with an understanding of management, law, and economics. Recognizing and articulating financial impacts will make you an invaluable asset to your clients or business.
The Accounting program’s primary focus is to prepare students as paraprofessionals who have a wide array of skills and knowledge in pursuing an accounting career. The integration of accounting and tax software provides real world application in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, federal taxation, spreadsheets, and databases. Students will develop the knowledge to sit for the Accredited Business Accountant (ABA) certification upon completion of the program by taking the ACAT exam through the Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation.
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 7007 College Boulevard, Suite 240, Overland Park, KS 66211
Upon successful completion of the Accounting option, the graduate is expected to:
- Demonstrate effective business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of business ethics and social responsibility.
- Use appropriate technology to create a variety of business- and accounting-related artifacts.
- Analyze business activities to accurately report on an entity’s financial position.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) rules and terminology.
- Account Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Payroll Professional
- Tax Preparer
For more information, please contact:Enrollment Services (207) 453-5822 Enrollment@kvcc.me.edu