The Associate in Arts Degree in General Studies is the perfect choice for students hoping to explore different career options. The combination of general education courses in Math, Communications, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Science with additional credit hours selected from an advising pathway provides a unique way to create a personalized program of study and prepare to continue your path toward a Bachelor’s Degree at a 4-year college.
Upon successful completion of the General Studies program, the graduate is expected to:
- Communicate clearly and effectively employ written and oral skills;
- Access, analyze, summarize and interpret a variety of reading materials;
- Think critically and link concepts across a variety of disciplines;
- Conceptualize society as being culturally diverse within a global community;
- Evaluate personal values, interests and education/career goals;
- Demonstrate a clear connection among elective choices and their personal, occupational or academic ambitions.
- Nonprofit organizations
- Small and large businesses
- Local, state, and federal offices
- Social service agencies
For more information, please contact: