Submit Your Application

We’re here to help you navigate the college application process, whether you’re a first-year applicant or a transfer student. Our online application is free and only takes about 10 minutes to complete.

First Year Applicants


Request an official copy of your high school transcript.

  1. High School Graduates – contact your guidance office
  2. GED/HiSET – contact
  3. If you attended college elsewhere have official transcripts sent to . If your former school doesn’t use an electronic transcript service, have them mailed to KVCC, 92 Western Avenue, Fairfield, Maine 04937

Next Steps

KVCC offers rolling admissions. Upon successful completion of the prerequisites and/or admission requirements, applicants are admitted to a specific program on a space available basis.

Completed applications are reviewed taking the following multiple measures into consideration: high school transcript, college transcript(s),  PSAT, SAT, Advanced Placement (AP) or ACT scores, and if needed Guided Self Placement.  Allied Health and Nursing programs have specific entrance requirements that need to be completed before a student can be admitted. These programs have a limited capacity, and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.

Transfer Applicants


  1. When completing your FAFSA, be sure to list KVCC’s school code – 009826.
  2. If you have completed placement assessments, such as the Accuplacer, at another institution, have your scores forwarded to KVCC.
  3. After you have been accepted to KVCC, your college transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit depending on the requirements of your program of study.

Transferring Credits

Transfer credit may be awarded for course work completed at an accredited institution of higher education with a grade of “C” or higher.  Official transcripts for previous college work must be submitted to the Registrar’s office for review.

Questions about transfer credits should be addressed to the Academic Affairs Office at 207-453-5822.

Ready to apply? It’s free and easy.

If you have questions about the application or the process of applying, contact the Enrollment Team at


As a condition of enrollment and attendance for full and part time certificate or degree-seeking college students born after 1956, the State of Maine requires proof of immunization or immunity against tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella. In addition, immunization against meningococcal disease is recommended.

A new state law will take effect on September 1, 2021 that eliminates philosophical and religious exemptions. As a result, as of September 1, 2021, only those students with proof of immunization or immunity, or a documented medical exemption, will be able to attend classes and participate in programs and activities at the College. A medical exemption may be provided if the student provides a written statement from a licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant that, in the physician’s, nurse practitioner’s or physician assistant’s professional judgment, immunization against one or more of the diseases may be medically inadvisable. Students who take all of their classes online and do not physically come to campus for any purpose are not subject to the state immunization requirements.