Associate in Applied Science Degree and Certificate Programs
The new Culinary Arts AAS degree is an innovative program with a farm-to-table focus. Our two-year curriculum includes basic and advanced food preparation techniques, nutrition, menu planning, kitchen sanitation and safety, food purchasing and storage, and meal serving. Graduates of this program will have an in-depth knowledge of sustainable food systems, including where the food comes from, the advantages of buying locally, various farming and production methods, and the value of sustainable and ethical ingredients.
More Culinary Arts Information:
Upon successful completion of the Culinary Arts program, the graduate is expected to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a professional kitchen as a cook.
- Apply the concepts and techniques of sanitation to a food service environment.
- Demonstrate the use of proper purchasing, storage, and costing techniques to profitably operate a food service establishment
- Participate in activities that support a sustainable food system
- Farming/food production methods
- Menu planning and nutrition
- Advantages of buying locally
- Kitchen sanitation and safety
- Food purchasing and storage
- Where food comes from
- Sustainable food systems
- Meal serving
- Preparation techniques
- Farm-to-table connections
Culinary Arts graduates work in:
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Nursing homes
- Country clubs
- Large companies
- Family businesses
- Catering and entertainment businesses
For more information, please contact Stephanie Enjaian.