Kennebec Valley Community College Foundation Scholarship Funds
Did you know that over 250 students were empowered to enroll in KVCC programs and courses last year knowing that many generous supporters believed in them? Collectively, the KVCC Foundation awards more than $150,000 in scholarships annually; funds which significantly reduce the financial burden of college enrollment.
Each scholarship was founded by generous supporters who value the high quality education available at KVCC. Through donor generosity, student scholarships help to reduce the financial burden of attending will be given to students who have financial need but are not eligible for grant aid (such as Pell or Maine State will be given to students who have financial need but are not eligible for grant aid, allowing recipients to better focus on academic and career goals.
KVCC Foundation Scholarship Recipients:
- must be in good academic standing,
- must typically be registered in at least six credits in the semester of award,
- must demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by the KVCC financial aid process (federal FAFSA methodology), preference will be given to students who are not eligible for grant aid (such as Pell or Maine State Grant).
- will receive priority consideration for completing their application and FAFSA by August 15th for the upcoming academic year,
- will be selected beginning early in the fall semester and on a continuing basis as funds remain available,
- will be notified of a scholarship award by email sent to their KVCC address (Check your email often),
- must submit a signed and proof-read thank you letter and consent to release form, instructions and a due date will be emailed with scholarship award letters.
- Scholarships will typically be applied to the spring semester, contingent on the recipient successfully completing the fall semester and meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, with a preferred GPA of 2.5.
KVCC Foundation Scholarships are not automatically renewed.
You must re-apply each year.
There is a separate application for the academic year and the summer semester.
Scholarship Application Dates to Remember:
- Priority consideration due date for new students seeking current academic year scholarship awards.
- Second chance for priority consideration for returning KVCC students seeking current academic year scholarship awards.
- Final deadline for consideration for fall semester scholarship awards.
- Priority consideration due date for students who have not submitted a scholarship application to be considered for a spring semester scholarship award.
- Final deadline for students who have not submitted a scholarship application to be considered for a spring semester scholarship award.
- Priority consideration due date for all students seeking a summer scholarship.
- First due date for priority consideration for returning students seeking a scholarship for the next academic year.
- Final deadline for all students applying for a summer scholarship.