Summer Scholarship Application
To be eligible for a summer scholarship, scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have unmet financial need as determined by a FAFSA form AND
- Be matriculated in a KVCC degree or certificate program OR
- Have a completed enrollment application on file for the fall semester.
- Summer text book scholarships are offered occasionally on a funds available basis.
- Summer scholarships are typically only available to students with unmet financial need (determined by FAFSA) who do not have a summer Pell Grant sufficient to fund summer tuition and fees.
Eligible applicants will receive a summer scholarship estimate, by email, prior to the start of the summer semester. Actual scholarship awards will be based on a student’s final course enrollment after the summer add/drop period. If you drop a course, your summer scholarship will be reduced. Adding a course does not guarantee a scholarship increase.
If you qualify for a summer Pell Grant, the Pell award will be applied to your summer bill first. If you have remaining unmet need, you will be considered for a summer scholarship to reduce your remaining summer tuition and fees charges which are not covered by a Pell Grant.