Summer Scholarship Application
To be eligible for a summer scholarship, scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have unmet financial need as determined by a FAFSA form
- Summer scholarships are only available to students with unmet financial need (determined by FAFSA) and typically only to students who do not have a summer Pell Grant sufficient to fund summer tuition charges.
- If you qualify for a summer Pell Grant, the Pell award will be applied to your summer bill first. If you have remaining unmet need, you will be considered for a summer scholarship to reduce your remaining summer tuition charges which are not covered by a Pell Grant.
- Be matriculated in a KVCC degree or certificate program OR
- Have a completed enrollment application on file for the fall semester.
- Summer courses must be required in your academic program
Important Dates and Application Processing Timeline for the Summer Scholarship Program
- April 15th- priority consideration for a summer scholarship
- Summer applications received prior to April 15th will begin to be processed on May 1st
- Initial scholarship award offers will be $100 per summer credit hour ($300 per 3 credit course).
- May 15th- deadline for students seeking a summer scholarship
- Summer scholarship applications received between April 16-May 15 will be processed by May 31st.
- Summer add/drop- after the summer add/drop period, summer scholarship recipients will receive their final summer scholarship award letter (via KVCC email).
- This will inform recipients of any increase in the summer scholarship award.
- This amount will be based on the number of eligible applicants, number of summer credits enrolled, and the amount of available funds.
- This award typical ranges from a total summer scholarship award in the amount of $150-$200 per summer credit enrolled. We are often required to offer a maximum summer scholarship of $1,000 regardless of the number of credits a student is enrolled in.
- Actual scholarship awards will be based on a student’s final course enrollment after the summer add/drop period.
- If you drop a course, your summer scholarship will be reduced.
- Adding a course does not guarantee a scholarship increase.