Scholarship Info for Students
The KVCC Foundation and the Maine Community College system awards more than $600,000 in scholarships every year to significantly reduce the financial burden of college completion for more than 500 students.
KVCC Foundation and Maine Community College System Scholarship Recipients
- must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA,
- must be matriculated in a KVCC degree or certificate program,
- must be registered in at least six credits in the semester of award (3 credits summer),
- must demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by the KVCC financial aid process (federal FAFSA methodology), preference may be given to students who are not eligible for grant aid (such as Pell or Maine State Grant),
- will be notified of a scholarship award by email sent to their KVCC address (check your email often),
- must submit a signed and proof-read thank you letter and scholarship acceptance form, instructions and a due date will be emailed with scholarship award letters,
- Summer scholarships are typically only available to students with unmet financial need (determined by FAFSA) who DO NOT have a summer Pell Grant sufficient to fund summer tuition and fees,
- KVCC Foundation Scholarships are not automatically renewed. You must reapply each year. There is a separate application for each academic year and summer semester,
- Scholarship awards will be posted as a part of a student’s KVCC financial aid package and credited to the recipient’s student billing account. Please note that it may take 30 days, or more, for your scholarship award to disburse as a refund, if an account credit is generated.
How to Apply
Important Dates and Deadlines
- July 15th- priority consideration for returning students
- August 15th- priority consideration for new students
- September 15th- initial fall semester scholarship awards will be announced
- October 15th- deadline for students seeking a fall semester scholarship in the current academic year.
- February 15th – deadline for students seeking a spring semester scholarship in the current academic year.
- April 15th- priority consideration for a summer scholarship
- May 15th- deadline for students seeking a summer scholarship
Links to external scholarship applications
Accepting your scholarship
How to accept your KVCC Foundation or Maine Community College System scholarship:
1. Carefully read your KVCC Foundation, or MCCS, scholarship award letter (sent to your KVCC email address)
3. Write a unique and meaningful thank you letter (proofreading matters)
4. Complete the online scholarship acceptance form OR see option 6, below
5. Upload your thank you letter, and optional pictures and/or video with your online scholarship acceptance form
6. Optional: You may deliver, mail, or email your thank you letter (proofread and signed) with the printed and signed consent form to:
KVCC Foundation, 92 Western Ave, Fairfield ME 04937
Carter Hall Room 219 or 306
7. Your scholarship acceptance will be processed within ten days of your provided acceptance deadline. You will be notified if you have missed any steps or need to proofread, edit, and resubmit your thank you letter.