We are thrilled that you have completed your program requirements and are excited to celebrate your accomplishments at the December Graduation Ceremony. Our December Graduation Ceremony planned to be held on the Fairfield Campus in the Carter Multi-purpose Room on Monday, December 6th, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Should we experience inclement weather, the event will be held at the same time and location on Tuesday, December 7th, 2021. Graduates should plan on arriving at the event by 5:15 p.m. to prepare for the event.
We welcome each graduate and two guests to join us at this celebration. This event will also be streamed online for families and friends who are unable to attend.December Graduation Ceremony
December Graduation Ceremony
The full December Graduation program can be viewed here.
- Kennebec Valley Community College President, Karen Normandin
- Kennebec Valley Community College Foundation Board of Trustees, Chair, Dwight Littlefield
- Keynote Speaker, Michael Tardiff, Department Chair for Career and General Studies
- Academic Dean, Kathy Englehart
- Dean of Students, CJ McKenna
For the purpose of wearing honors cords at commencement, students must meet the cumulative GPA requirements listed below:
- Honors- 3.50 to 3.699 receives one honor cord
- High Honors- 3.700 and higher receives two honor cords
The calculation of the commencement GPA does not include spring semester grades and is calculated at the end of the Fall term. If you have any questions about the honors policy, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 207-453-5128 or email email@example.com.
At the December Graduation Ceremony, we will be awarding the King Award. The King Award is given in memory of Bernard King, Director of Kennebec Valley Vocational Technical Institute from 1973 to 1984. This honor is awarded to the student with a perfect 4.0 grade point average (GPA).
King Award Past Recipients:
- 2021 Laurel Dorr, Liberal Studies & Matthew Richards, Lineworker
- 2020 Jessica Cook, Sustainable Agriculture & Spencer Richardson, Lineworker
- 2019 Kymberly Wright, Mental Health
- 2018 Julia Rae Supp, Business
- 2017 Julie Belanger, Early Childhood
- 2016 Lauren Webb, Physical Therapy
Following the December Graduation Ceremony, KVCC will undergo the process of conferring your degree. Graduating students can expect that process to take approximately one month following the posting of Fall semester grades. Your KVCC diploma will be sent via postal mail in a Kennebec Valley Community College diploma case to your official mailing address we have in our database. To avoid delays, we encourage students to update their mailing addresses in the portal or by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 207-453-5128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.