Professional Development Training
The Professional Development Division at Kennebec Valley Community College provides non-credit and customized course offerings and training to those individuals, businesses, and organizations that require flexible scheduling and unique, innovative programming on our campus or at your facility.
One of the principal purposes of this division is to meet the training needs of individuals who may wish to upgrade themselves in their positions or retrain for more challenging employment. Courses are not limited to the evenings, nor is instruction restricted to the KVCC campus. The division also offers special seminars, workshops, and credit courses, which may be delivered in a variety of locations throughout the state. Specifically tailored programs may be taught at the work site in order to better serve the training needs of a particular business or industry.
Kennebec Valley Community College’s Professional Development Division has an established history in industrial, mechanical, medical, safety, computer, and business training. Areas in which courses are available include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business (Supervisory, Leadership, Customer Service, Stress Management, Writing Workshops, etc.)
- Computers (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Healthcare/Licensure (CPR Trainer, CPR, Personal Fitness Trainer, Pharmacy Tech., Legal Nurse Consultant, etc.)
- Trades/Licensure (Welding, CDL, National Electrical Code, etc.)
- Trades (Precision Machine Tooling, Small Engine Repair, etc.)
- Personal Enrichment (Notary Public,Professional Bartending, etc.)
Click here for a list of courses, or for more information regarding how the Professional Development Center may assist your company, please call the Associate Dean of Continuing Education at 453-5116 or the Continuing Education Coordinator at 453-5014.