Congratulations to Our 2019 Graduates!
|Social Gathering for Graduates||Friday, May 10 at 3PM||Carter Hall Multi-Purpose Room
|Commencement Rehearsal||Friday, May 10 at 4PM||Carter Hall Multi-Purpose Room
|Evening of Excellence||Thursday, May 16 at 7PM||Carter Hall Multi-Purpose Room
|Commencement||Saturday, May 18 at 10AM||Augusta Civic Center
Graduates not planning to attend Commencement should contact the Registrar at email@example.com
Evening of Excellence
Invitations to recipients of academic awards will be mailed in April. If you receive an invitation and are attending the event, please wear your honor cord, which will be in the package with your regalia. Family, friends, and classmates of award recipients are invited to attend this award ceremony.
Caps & Gowns
Graduates may pick up their cap and gown at the Enrollment Service Center (Fairfield Campus) beginning April 23rd. The hours of the Center are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Thursday and 9 AM to 4 PM on Friday. All caps and gowns must be picked up prior to May 3rd. If you have earned an honor cord, it will be in the bag with your regalia.
Special Accommodations at Commencement
Graduates or guests who may need special accommodations for seating or other services should contact the President’s Office at (207) 453-5129 or 453-3619 as soon as possible – no later than May 10th.
Honor cords are awarded to graduates attaining a certain Grade Point Average:
- Students with a GPA of 3.5 to 3.699 are designated with honors and receive 1 silver cord.
- Students with a GPA of 3.7 or higher are designated with high honors and receive 1 gold cord.
Phi Theta Kappa Stoles
Phi Theta Kappa is the National Honor Society for Community Colleges. Stoles may be ordered until April 26th. If you are a member and would like to purchase a stole to wear at Commencement, please contact Jessica Gleason at (207) 453-5142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cord(s) will be included with your regalia.
Veteran Honor Cords
We are inviting graduating veterans and service members to wear military service honor cords at Commencement.
If you have indicated your status as a veteran, your honor cord will be placed in the bag with your cap & gown. If you have questions, or if you have served but did not receive a cord with your cap & gown, please stop by the Enrollment Center in Fairfield to request your honor cord.
KVCC College Store, Follett, will have KVCC swag and graduation items for purchase in the Lobby of the Augusta Civic Center.
Flower arrangements will be available for purchase at the Civic Center on the morning of Commencement. These are provided by Visions Flower and Bridal Designs.
Photography services will be provided at Commencement. Each graduate will be photographed as they receive their diploma from President Hopper and may purchase these photographs directly. We will update this information on the website when we have finalized the arrangement with the photographer on the Day of Commencement.
Livestream on the Day of Commencement
Headlight Audio Visual provides a link to livestream Commencement so family and friends unable to attend can watch the full ceremony live! The live link will be posted here as we get closer to Commencement. The link will also appear on the College’s main web page.
On the day of graduation, graduates will receive the official cover for their actual diploma. Diplomas will be available after June 29th in the Enrollment Center on the Fairfield Campus. You may also contact the Enrollment Center at (207) 453-5822, and we are happy to mail the official diploma to your home.
Saturday, May 18, 2019
All graduates attending Commencement should be at the Augusta Civic Center by 9:00 a.m.
- Graduates will meet in the North Wing (Enter the north wing entrance on the right side of the Augusta Civic Center).
- All guests should enter through the front lobby door.
- Commencement exercises begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Our Commencement Speaker is President Emeritus, Dr. Barbara Woodlee, past KVCC President.
- Music is provided by the Blue Hill Brass Quintet.
- Guest Seating is first come, first serve. Please be aware floor level seating fills quickly. Once the floor seats are full, guests will be directed to the balcony. Doors to the auditorium open at 9 a.m.
- Security asks that you consider leaving purses, bags, backpacks, etc. at home/car. Items are subject to being checked upon entry.
- What to Wear is a commonly asked question by graduates! It can be on the warm side in the Civic Center. Wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable. Remember you have stairs to climb to access the stage!
Should you have questions or require further information, contact
- Jillienne Hughes (207) 453-3619 email@example.com
- Monica Brennan (207) 453-5129 firstname.lastname@example.org