Maine College Transition Program
Maine College Transition Program is a collaboration between KVCC and local adult education sites. It is a complete program that guides you toward your goal. Whether you know exactly what you want or have no idea what you could do, Maine College Transition is the best place to start.
As a Maine College Transition Program student, you receive:
- Assessment and formal intake process
- Career Planning
- Academic coursework: College preparation courses in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Prerequisite courses available in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Algebra
- College Experience including campus tours
- Technology Integration – develop technology skills: CPT-018
- Accuplacer pre and post testing
- Meeting with a college advisor at adult education sites
- First Year Seminar Course – 1 credit; study skill development
- College application and financial aid FAFSA completed (KVCC application fee waiver available)
Eligibility for this grant funded program includes:
- Adults who graduated from an adult education diploma, GED, or HiSet program.
- Adults who need academic preparation for college.
- Adults who need assistance in the college application/FAFSA completion process.
- Adults who have scored below the acceptable score levels on the Accuplacer test and desire to improve their scores.
Fees may be possible….
- Current high school students are not eligible.
- Current college students will be charged a course registration, book and/or technology fee.
- Small book or technology fee may be required.
Adult Education Sites
|CITY||ADULT EDUCATION SITE INFORMATION||PHONE NUMBER||DIRECTOR|
|AUGUSTA||Kennebec Learning Center
33A Union Street
Augusta, ME 04330
|BELFAST||Belfast Adult Education
6B Lions Way
Belfast, ME 04915
|FAIRFIELD||Lawrence Adult Education
4 School Street
Fairfield, ME 04937
|GARDINER||Gardiner Adult Education
40 West Hill Road
Gardiner, ME 04345
|READFIELD||Maranacook/Hall Dale Adult Education
2250 Millard Harrison Drive
Readfield, ME 04355
|ROCKLAND||Mid-Coast School of Technology
1 Main Street
Rockland, ME 04841
|WATERVILLE||Mid-Maine Regional Adult Community Ed.
1 Brooklyn Avenue
Waterville, ME 04901
|WINTHROP||Winthrop-Monmouth Adult Education
39A Highland Avenue
Winthrop, ME 04364
|SKOWHEGAN||Skowhegan Adult Education
61 Academy Circle
Skowhegan, ME 04986
|NEWPORT||RSU19 Adult Education
266 Williams Road
Newport, ME 04953
|Spruce Mountain Adult/Community Education
9 Cedar Street, Livermore Falls, ME 04254
College Transition Class Schedule
To find a college transition course in your area click on the link below. Once at the web page scroll down to the Program Locator button and type in your zip code. You can then view all courses being offered or you can narrow your search by using the search button option.
College Transitions Tour
A Short PowerPoint presentation will provide an overview of the College Transition Program. A tour of the campus will follow, and students will have an opportunity to ask questions about programs of study, scheduling, tutoring, or any topic of their choice. The tour will be directed by Val Landry, KV Academy Program Coordinator. If you have any questions, you may call him at 453-5101 or email him at email@example.com.