KVCC offers rolling admissions. Upon successful completion of the prerequisites and/or admission requirements, applicants are admitted to a specific program on a space available basis.
General admission to KVCC requires submission of the following materials:
- Official copy of your high school transcript.
- High School Graduates – contact your guidance office
- GED/HiSET – contact www.diplomasender.com
- If you attended college elsewhere have official transcripts sent to email@example.com . If your former school doesn’t use an electronic transcript service, have them mailed to KVCC, 92 Western Avenue, Fairfield, Maine 04937
In light of the disruption caused by COVID-19, the Maine Community College System has adopted a test optional status (Accuplacer/SAT/ACT) for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 academic years.
During this time, Kennebec Valley Community College (KVCC) will use multiple measures which will include transcripts, college-level experience, and available test scores to make placement decisions. Additional placement assessments will be administered by the college after admission only if necessary. Individual academic programs of study (such as nursing) may, however, have specific entrance requirements; contact the college admissions office and/or website for specific program entrance requirements.
Several programs have additional entrance requirements including an entrance exam (ATI-TEAS). Applicants may contact the Admission Department for information related to a specific program of study.
In addition, our Allied Health, Nursing, and EMT programs have specific entrance requirements. Click on the name to see entrance requirements:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Health Information Management
- Electrical Lineworker Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology