KVCC's Writing Center is located in Carter Hall, Room 119.
Its mission is to help students of all abilities grow into stronger, more effective writers by providing individualized support at all stages of the writing process. The Writing Center also aims to promote writing as a means of learning by supporting faculty and staff in writing across the curriculum efforts.
Highlight of services:
- one-on-one tutoring, which includes collaborative discussions about student writing in any discipline
- non-evaluative and immediate feedback to writers, focusing on the writer's individual needs
- help at any stage of the writing process from brainstorming to final draft
- periodic workshops with topics including grammar and cover letter/resume writing
- tutoring available by appointment or walk-in (based on availability)
Spring Operating Hours:
- Monday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - Noon
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 pm - 3:00 pm