Disability Services

Disability Information



Upon enrollment, it is the responsibility of a student with a disability to identify him or herself as having a disability and formally request accommodations.


Steps for requesting an Accommodation


1st    Provide documentation in a timely manner.

2nd   Meet with the College's Counselor to provide the documentation, discuss requested accommodations and complete the paperwork to request accommodations. You may contact the College's Counselor at (207) 453-5150 or mclement@kvcc.me.edu or

3rd   Meet with the Director of the Learning Commons to discuss implementation of acommodations. You may reach the Director at (207) 453-5084 or cjohnson2@kvcc.me.edu

Please note that requests for accommodations must be renewed at the beginning of each subsequent semeste. The student will meet with the College's Counselor to determine accommodation needs for that specific semester.


Admission Entrance Exam 


Requests for testing accommodations for specific admissions exams (TEAS-V, PAX) or the general admissions placement exam (Accuplacer) should be made in writing to the College's Counselor. Students must provide documentation at the time of intitial contact. Following the approval of requested accommodations, students will make arrangements with the Director of the Learning Commons for a testing date.



Documentation must meet the following criteria:

  • be written by a qualified practitioner or diagnostician, be on letterhead and signed
  • be current (3 to 5 years).  In some instances, the currency of documentation will be less given the nature of the disability.
  • state a specific diagnosis
  • include a description of diagnostic methodology, including diagnostic criteria, evaluation methods and testing dates and results
  • explain the impact the disability may have on the student's academic and vocational environment, and
  • provide a description of accommodations and/or auxiliary aids used in the past.