The KVCC College Store holds two types of book buybacks:
1. The first is the end of semester buyback (spring and fall semesters only) in which the College Store purchases books that are going to be used for the following semester at 50% of retail. Books that are not going to be used for the following semester are purchased at the used book company pricing.
2. The second is a daily buyback in which we are purchasing books for a used book company and not for the College Store.
Guidelines are as follows:
1. Book buyback is the week of finals for the fall and spring semesters. There is no buyback at the end of summer semester. Check with the College Store for exact dates and times.
2. Books being used for the following semester may be purchased at 50% of retail.
3. Books no longer used may be purchased for a used book company.
4. Study guides, books with CDs may be purchased at our discretion.
We will not be purchasing:
1. Books that have water damage
2. Books that have damages to the spine
3. Books with loose or missing pages
4. Books with torn or taped covers
5. Study guides/workbooks with any highlighting/writing
6. We are unable to buy one time use access codes/CDs
7. Books that have excessive highlighting, underlining, or other markings
A good rule of thumb for selling your books back; is if the book is in a condition that you would not purchase for yourself then we will probably not be purchasing the book from you.
We will not know the price that we will pay for books until buyback time.