KV Academy Welcomes You!!!
KV Academy (Maine College Transition Program) is a collaboration between KVCC and local adult education sites (Augusta, Fairfield, Gardiner, Maranacook, Monmouth/Winthrop, Skowhegan and Waterville). The purpose of KV Academy is to help students prepare for and transition to college.
Eligibility for this free grant funded college preparation program is limited to: *
Adults who graduated from an adult education diploma, GED, or HiSet program.
- Adults who need academic preparation for college.
- Adults who need assistance in the college applcation/FAFSA completion process.
- Adults who have scored below the acceptable score levels on the Accuplacer test and desire to improve their scores. Click here for a listing of acceptable scores in each subtest.
- Please note: Current high school students are not eligible.
- Please note: Current college students will be charged a course registration, book and/or technology fee.
- *Small book or technology fee may be required.
As a KV Academy/Maine College Transition Program student:
- College preparation courses in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Prerequisite courses available in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Algebra
- Campus tours
- College Preparation Workshops
- Meeting with a college advisor at adult education sites.
- Study skills strategy development
- College Application fee waiver
- Specialized academic advisor
Students will meet with their KVCC academic advisor, Val Landry to plan their program of study and select courses for registration.Val Landry, KV Academy Coordinator & Advisor(207) 453-5101vlandry
PROGRAMS OF STUDY AT KVCC
Nursing Trades Allied Health
Liberal Studies Education Business
Sciences Mental Health Computer Science
A typical Day and Evenig schedule is shown below:
Val LandryKV Academy Coordinator453-5101vlandry
@kvcc.me.eduFrye Building, Room # 105