Maine College Transition Program
Maine College Transition Program is a collaboration between KVCC and local adult education sites.
Eligibility for this grant funded program includes:
Adults who graduated from an adult education diploma, GED, or HiSet program.
- Adults who need academic preparation for college.
- Adults who need assistance in the college application/FAFSA completion process.
- Adults who have scored below the acceptable score levels on the Accuplacer test and desire to improve their scores. Click here for a listing of acceptable scores in each subtest.
Fees may be possible....
- Please note: Current high school students are not eligible.
- Please note: Current college students will be charged a course registration, book and/or technology fee.
- Small book or technology fee may be required.
As a Maine College Transition Program student:
- Assessment and formal intake process
- Career Planning
- Academic coursework: College preparation courses in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- Prerequisite courses available in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Algebra
- College Experience including campus tours
- Technology Integration - develop technology skills: CPT-018
- Accuplacer pre and post testing
- Meeting with a college advisor at adult education sites
- First Year Seminar Course - 1 credit; study skill development
- College application and financial aid FAFSA completed (KVCC application fee waiver available)